Our Colourful Primrose Women Straw Handbag is something of a contradiction; it couldn’t be simpler, yet it still has its own distinctive character. A convenient summer accessory to match any outfit, it’s perfectly petite, yet it still offers enough space for all the essentials.
- Women Straw Handbag crafted with Kauna by our skilled women artisans in Manipur (North-East India). Kauna is the Manipuri name for bull rush, a type of water reed.
- Sturdy hand bent circular cane handles wrapped with Cotton/Kauna Reed
- Cotton inner lining for style & comfort
Handcrafted and Unique
Every ZIVELI bag is one of a kind, handcrafted using natural materials. Slight colour and size variation may occur as all our products are handmade and that makes each of our pieces truly unique. Want to know more about our products ?! Go ahead, click here
Read why Sustainable Fashion Matters
- Keep the Women Straw Handbag away from moisture
- If your ZIVELI bag gets dirty, wipe gently with a soft, damp cloth and dry it well
Kauna reed is a perennial grass-like plant that grows all around the world at different temperatures and can grow as tall as 10 feet in shallow water or on marshy land. The plant is naturally resistant to insects. We at ZIVELI work with women in Manipur, to craft our unique Kauna reed bags and baskets.
How this Bag is Made
Artisans cut the Kauna Reed when the plant grows to about 3-4 feet and sun dries the reed. They moisten the reed again to increase flexibility during hand weaving of Bags & Baskets. The tools used in the weaving process are very simple. The artisans need a regular needle for stitching and of course a sharp pair of scissors or pliers for cutting purposes.
Ethical & Sustainable
ZIVELI started with 50 women artisans 3 years ago and now we work with 200+ Artisans. Since we started our artisan’s monthly income has tripled and they are now guaranteed, regular work for 7-8 months of the year. Their spending power has increased and this has resulted in phenomenal overall development of the region.